Monday, July 6, 2009

I can't believe it's not kosher

Coming back late from Montauk yesterday, I noticed that the local bodega carried Vosges chocolate, a surprisingly highbrow brand for a place that devotes several shelves to Spam. While waiting for my friend, I perused the options. Mine eyes alighted on Mo's Bacon Bar, described as "applewood smoked bacon, Alder wood smoked salt, deep milk chocolate. 41% cacao."

Doth mine eyes deceive me?

Honestly I couldn't believe it. Was I tempted? No, because I was conditioned to think that bacon smells like vomit. (Even so many years after graduating I still feel that way.) But I'm sure the salt + chocolate thing is excellent. So the truth is, in fact, I was a little jealous.

Anyway, a Google Images search revealed that it is, in fact, a thing. (More-observant readers might want to avert their eyes.)







I thought when it came to food that was bad for you, we were the light upon the nations.

But no.

No comments:

Post a Comment