Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I can't believe it's kosher, part 1

Idea. Coca-Cola shares its red jacket with the West's most famous fat man. No, not the unsung heroes of Nathan's Famous hot-dog eating contests.

I mean, Joey Chestnut and Takeru Kobayashi are hardly porkers:




I'm talking about this guy.



He didn't figure that big into my childhood, either, but neither did Coke.

Which brings me to my point.

In 1931, the Coca-Cola company hired Haddon Sundbloom to create an image of Santa drinking Coke. Until Sundbloom's portrait, Santa was more commonly pictured like this:



Wait, no.

He looked like this:



Or this:



Or this:



Basically, if Coca Cola is responsible for creating the greatest goy in the world, then how come Orthodox Jews will drink this stuff on Pesach? Why, in fact, is Coke kosher at all?

As my friend points out: Coca Cola came out of Santa's rib.

3 comments:

  1. Actually, coke didn't come from Santa's rib, it sprang, perhaps spurted from somewhere else, south of the ribs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, coke is kosher because it tastes sweet, and everybody knows that Passover is SWEET. Isn't that what everyone says, Zeisse Pesach?
    And they are not talking about Aunt Cecile.

    ReplyDelete