Thursday, June 18, 2009

Brief Interviews With Hideous Men

The title of this post comes from a David Foster Wallace collection of short stories, which in early 2009 John Krasinski transformed into what seems to have been a relatively crappy movie.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again: Wallace was a genius. His essay, "A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again" -- the title piece of his 1998 essay collection -- fundamentally transformed my approach to journalism.

Anyway, he killed himself in September of 2008, shocking the hell out of me and everyone I know.

In his honor, I'm incorporating a new feature to What Is This Kosher... Interviews with people cooking, brewing, shopping innovative kosher foods. They are not at all hideous, and they are not all men. First installment should be up this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment